- Written by Dr. Sanjay Kulkarni
- Hits: 56461
New Operations Invented and Published
- Convenor of India’s First Robotic Surgery workshop, 30 April –1st May 2005, New Delhi.
- Conducted many live operative workshops on Urethroplasty including Anastomotic Urethroplasty for fractured pelvis and ruptured urethra and Substitution Urethroplasties with Buccal Mucosa graft urethroplasties in India (Pune, Solapur, Aurangabad, Udaipur, Gwalior, Ahmedabad, Indore, and Bangalore).
- Conducted many live operative workshops in Laparoscopic Urology including Simple and Radical Nephrectomy, Lap Anderson Hynes Pyeloplasty, Retroperinoscopic Urethrolithotomy and Lap Orchidopexy in India (Pune, Rajkot, Chandigarh, Vellore, Bangalore, Guntur and Vijaywada).
- Have been the Organizing Secretary of the Live International Workshop on Reconstructive Urology held at Hotel Le Meridian on 22nd to 24th November 2002. Prof. Anthony Mundy, Prof. Guido Barbagli, Prof. Gerald Jordan, Prof. Howard Snyder and Dr. Julian Shah were the international faculty.
- Kulkarni Endo Surgery Institute was one of the 1st and pioneer centers in India to start Laparoscopic Surgery in 1990. India’s 1st Animal Lab for Laparoscopic training was started and more than 200 surgeons were trained.
- Chairman at the World Congress of Endoscopic surgery, Kyoto, Japan 1995.
- Chairman at the World Congress of Endo Urology, Mumbai 2004.
- Kulkarni technique of Urethroplasty cited in the article ”Buccal mucosal urethroplasty for Balanitis Xerotica Obliterans related urethral strictures, the outcome of 1 and 2 stage techniques”-Deepak Dubey et al, J.Urol.Feb2004, page463.
- “A new Technique of Urethroplasty for Full length Strictures” European Urology Video Journal, Sept 2000
- First Convenor of “Reconstructive Urology” sub-speciality meeting of Urological Society of India, Annual meetings for 3 years